Functions of the Department
- To execute direct administrative supervision on all service centers under the department and the service offices under it
- To coordinate with relevant service departments for all technical requirements and to fully abide by the procedures in accordance with rules and regulations of those departments.
- To issue all kinds of entry visas according to the rules, decisions, regulations and directives regulating them.
- To issue, renew, transfer, correct or cancel residence permits according to the rules, decisions, regulations and directives regulating them.
- To issue ID numbers and ID cards for Expatriates as well as establishment numbers for companies.
- To grant exit permits for citizens, their minor children and their wives and expatriates as well.
- To issue and reissue passports, travel documents and IDs for citizens.
- To issue and reissue ID cards for the GCC nationals.
- To receive the reports of lost passports and ID cards for Qataris and the GCC nationals.
- To collect biometric samples of the citizens and expatriates (Eye print, face image and fingerprints)
- To issue statistical statements for individuals and companies
- To carry out traffic transactions and to provide traffic services as per the decisions taken by the Traffic Department.
- To offer reconciliation on offenders of the law according to the regulations of the law and in the context of its specialization and to collect the reconciliation amount.
- To propose the annual budget for the department.
- To carry out any other missions entrusted by concerned authority