- To issue all kind of entry visas in accordance with concerned rules and regulations.
- To execute the decisions of the concerned authorities for the recruitment by approving the required entry visa and following up with concerned authorities in accordance with rules and instruction organizing it.
- To issue, renew, transfer, correct and cancel residence permits according to the rules and regulations.
- To issue ID numbers and ID cards for Expatriates as well as establishment numbers for companies.
- To prepare statistical data and information about expatriates and provide it for the concerned authorities in the country.
- To issue statistical statements of individuals and companies .
- To offer reconciliation for offenders in accordance with provisions of the law and under its jurisdiction and to collect the reconciliation amount.
- To collect biometric samples of the expatriate (Eye print, , face image, and fingerprint).
- To propose the annual budget of the Department .
- Any other mission entrusted by the concerned authority.