The Prime Minister and Minister of Interior: Sheikh Abdullah Bin Nasser Bin Khalifa Al-Thani
Name:Abdullah Bin Nasser Bin Khalifa Al Thani
Marital Status: Married and he has six children.
- Bachelors Degree in Policing Science from Durham Military College, UK in 1984.
- Bachelors Degree in Law from Beirut University in 1995.
- Appointed as an officer of patrols at Rescue Police Section in 1985.
- Appointed as officer of stadium security at Capital Police Section in 1989.
- Appointed as assistant commander of Support Battalion at Emergency Police Section.
- Appointed as commander of Special Operations Battalion at Special Security Force Department.
- Appointed as commander of the Special Unit at Special Security Forces Department.
- Appointed as assistant director of the Special Security Forces Department for operations affairs on 28/2/2001.
- Appointed as assistant director of the Special Security Forces Department on 11/7/2001.
- Appointed as director of the Special Security Forces Department on 7/1/2002.
- Appointed as the commander for the Internal Security Force (Lekhwiya) on 6/9/2004.
- Appointed as Minister of State for Interior Affairs and member of Council of Ministers on 15/2/2005.
- Appointed as the Prime Minister and Minister of the Interior on 26/6/2013.
He has completed several qualifying and specialized training courses at home and abroad in the field of policing and security work such as:
|No.||Course Name||Course held at|
|1||Officer Candidate course||UK|
|2||Thunderbolt Commandos course||Jordan|
|4||Internal Security course for officers No. (3)||Joint Training Centre, Qatari Armed Forces|
|5||First Leadership course for officers- session IV||Police Training Institute –Doha|
|6||Diving Course||Coasts and Borders Security Dept|
|7||Aircrafts and Airports Security course||UK|
|8||Police Operations Officers course||Egypt|
|9||Combating Activities course||Egypt|
|10||Crisis Management and Negotiations course||France|
|11||Response Team (Anti –Terrorism) course||US|
|12||Negotiations Techniques course||US|
|13||Anti-Terrorism Data Exchange course||Saudi Arabia – Riyadh|
|14||First Response (Weapons of mass destruction) Course||Qatari Armed Forces|
|15||Course on Developing Anti-Terrorism Data Collection methods.||Saudi Arabia – Riyadh|
Designations and Participations
- Chairman of Security Committee for Organizing Qatar World Cup 2022.
- Chairman of National Anti- Terrorism Committee.
- Head of Security Committee for Doha Asian Games 2006.
- Head of the Committee to Protect State Properties.
- Head of Salary Revision Committee.
- Represented the country in various conferences, seminars and meetings.
- Participated in drafting security agreement on countering terrorism in the GCC countries.
- Participated in the international conference on public security and terrorism, New York.
- Participated in the 'Protection and Preventive Security' Program, New York.
- Participated in the coordination meeting of institutions of Organization of Islamic conference (OIC) on countering international terrorism.
- Participated in the team of experts from the Interior Ministry to study the international convention on terrorism.
- Headed the Qatar delegation in the International Conference on Countering Terrorism, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
- Attended several conferences, meetings and seminars in the field of security.
Appreciation Certificates and Honors
|1||Minister of Foreign Affairs||15/11/2002||Ninth Islamic Summit Conference.|
|2||Minister of State for Interior Affairs||22/5/2002||Achievements of Internal Security Force Department.|
|3||Commander of Qatar Emiri Air Force||25/9/2003||Third Middle East Air Conference|
|4||Secretary General of Qatar Olympic Committee||1/1/2005||Security coverage of 17th Gulf Cup tournament.|
|5||International Medal of Civil Defense||4/6/2007||For supporting and establishing civil protection agencies.|
|6||French Legion of Honor Award||19/11/2009||In recognition of efforts in strengthening relations between Qatar and France.|
|7||French Medal of the National Gendarmerie||9/10/2012||For his role in the completion of joint projects with the French Gendarmerie.|